Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Finish on the 50

Two years ago my friend Anne and I decided to run in the 5K finish on the 50. I guess we started running together about 4 years ago, but have taken breaks for having babies. We've done a few races together since, but wanted to really challenge ourselves. Neither of us really enjoy running, which is why we have to have each other's accountability. We decided that we were going to attempt the 10K. By attempt, we meant finish. We had no expectations other than to "hopefully" cross the finish line. When it came down to it, we really hadn't trained like we had hoped. School and life had been busy, I was sick the entire week prior, etc. We just decided to make the most of it.
All ready at the start...
At about mile 2 I thought I was dying. Like I said, being sick I felt like my lungs were on fire. I even told her she was going to have to leave me. After a brief walk, we started back up again and I kept going. Somehow we made it to the end. There were quite a few hills the last few miles on the course, so we did some walking, but that's okay! We finished in about 1 hour 10 minutes or something like that. Who really cares! 
Check that off the list. I can't say I'm ready to do another one anytime soon.

No comments: