We spent Thursday back at Magic Kingdom. I know it seems like we spent our entire trip there, but there really is so much for the kids to do. We hadn't made it to the afternoon parades all week because the kids were usually too tired by that point, so we got a little later start in order to try and make it until 2:00. As we walked in, we happened upon the dance party. The kids loved this! Basically it was just a lot of music, dancers, and a few characters.
Pictures in front of the castle.
As we entered the park, we realized it was going to be HOT!!! The sun was in full force on this day (where we had clouds most of the week) and the humidity was out of control. Not to mention on day 5 we were all pretty tired. Jonathan had been promising Payton a Mickey Mouse ice cream ALL week. We thought it might be a good time to take a stop for it.
Look at Payton's eyes in this picture. We had just gotten to the park and she already looked exhausted. Harper even got in on the action to try and cool off.
Oh so good! It was quite a challenge to try and eat it before it all melted. After finishing this Payton looked at me and said, "Mommy, when is the moon going to come out?" All I could do was laugh. We decided to try and find something that was inside so we happened upon the Country Bear Jamboree. I wouldn't say it was great, but it was air conditioned and had seats, so it was a plus. We sat at the back with Harper so she could walk around while Payton sat down front with my parents so she could watch the show. Have I mentioned how nice it was to have extra adults around??? I've heard people say that the trip is exhausting, and that it was. I can only imagine how much more exhausting it would have been without grandparents. Nana or Bamama was always there to help make potty trips, and everyone pitched in to stay back with kid(s) on rides, push strollers, run get food, get strollers on/off the trolly, hold kids to get strollers on/off the trolly, etc, etc. etc. Seriously, it was heaven sent. Of course we loved their company also and I know that the girls will look back and have great memories from the trip. It was just so much fun having four grandparents, Christopher, Wendy, Chase, Rebekkah, and Allie. You know our philosophy is the more the merrier!
Moving on...
After a few last minute rides, we headed to find a spot for the Street Parade. It did not disappoint. The girls were absolutely exhausted, but they lit up as soon as it started. Payton shouted with enthusiasm to announce who was coming next the entire time. We had a pretty good spot, so many of the characters came up to give us high fives and wave. One of the funniest things was when they would come up to Harper. She wouldn't cry until they would pat her head or wave right in front of her. Then she would just scream. It was too funny! The heat was brutal to watch the parade, but definitely worth it. We took Payton into the gift shop to get her one treat that we bought for the trip, and we were on our way.
Headed out of the park for the last time!
Sadly enough I realized that I don't have a single picture of Wendy, Rebekkah, or Allie, but they were there also. They didn't go in the parks and since all of the pictures were taken there, I don't have pictures.
I guess that's a wrap! I am sure that I have bored many of you with details, but I hope that I have documented enough to remember for us. We really had an excellent time, and Payton has since been packing bags saying that she is going back to Disney World. We assured her that one day we would, but until then unless she finds someone else to pay for it then it won't be happening for a while.







No comments:
Post a Comment