Thursday, July 5, 2012

Disney Day 1

We left Chef Mickeys and rode the monorail over to Magic Kingdom. We got there before the park opened, so we got to see all the characters come in on the train!

 First view of Cinderella's castle up close!

This had to be Payton's favorite ride of Disney. Go figure! Yes, I'm talking about the carousel. It was our first ride of the Disney trip. Since we got there right at opening, we went straight back to the Fantasyland (I think...) where all of the kiddy rides are to try to catch them before the lines started up. Within 1 hour we had ridden the carousel, Peter Pan, It's a Small World, and Pooh. All of which typically have very long lines! I can't say enough how much it benefited us to get to the parks early. In our case the crowds weren't bad, the temperatures were cooler, and kids were in better moods. It was a win-win situation that definitely made it worth it to get up a little earlier.


I told you our little girl started walking on the trip...

Riding Dumbo with Daddy for the first time. There many more to follow throughout the trip. Near Dumbo they also had a new Goofy roller coaster. It was a kiddie roller coaster, but it was still pretty fast. Payton seemed a little hesitant down the first hill, but she was okay after that.

We took the train to the other side of the park and spotted Pooh and Tigger. We figured we would stop while we were right there. It seemed like a great idea until they had to take a water break. I truly can't imagine wearing those costumes in that heat. We had to wait a bit, but it was worth it!




About this time we figured it was time to head back for naps.

No comments: