Our sweet girl had a successful first day (and week) of kindergarten! After reading Twas the Night Before Kindergarten and Countdown to the First Day of School Sunday night, I think it really set in with her that it was time. We somehow managed to get everyone up and dressed by 6:15 ready for the big day!
Payton wanted to take a picture with Harper, and as you can tell, Harper didn't. Hilarious.
However this was her face when taking a picture by herself. Stinker.
Payton rode to school with me while Daddy took the two littles to Bamama's house for the day. He met us back at school so that he could walk Payton to her classroom since my students would be coming at the exact same time. She was super excited and ready for her big day! We took a few pictures before heading down the hall...
The students walk into the multipurpose room and sit until the bell rings. We walked her down and Jonathan stayed with her until it was time to go to her classroom. Such a big girl sitting in her line! I think she started to clam up a little at this point-there were a lot of people everywhere! Mommy may or may not have gotten teary eyed at this point as I walked back to my classroom. It was just so real seeing her in a big kid line at my school!
Jonathan walked her into her classroom and she got started on her work. I guess she gave this silly face before he left. He did send me one from his cell phone where she was actually on task and working thankfully!
She came home Monday night and slept from about 4-7. She has had nothing but great things to say about it and had a great week! The only little downfalls we had was when she saw me during recess twice and cried when I had to leave. We'll have to work on that! Other than that, I think she's done great! I think the highlights this week for her were three visits to the treasure box, being the caboose, helping with calendar time, putting the birdseed in the bird feeders in after school, completing a self portrait, writing in her journal, and doing the balance been and bars at PE. We are so proud of our big girl.















No comments:
Post a Comment