The Wood family loves a Christmas festivity, so we are always looking for something fun to go do. The first weekend in December we went to the Opelika Christmas parade.
I promise they were having fun, but it was COLD!
Payton's class had a super sweet Christmas program that I was able to sneak away to. I didn't get any great pictures because they had already changed clothes by the time we picked them up in their classrooms, but she sure was a precious angel! This girl loves some Christmas carols and was so excited to sing on the big stage in the sanctuary. Of course, if she saw me taking a picture she would turn the other way. I think her favorite was "Go Tell it on the Mountain" complete with motions.
That night we went to the Rockybrook Reindeer Express at Monkey Park in Opelika. There has been a lot of rain for December so a lot of the events have been postponed, which has made the last few weeks crazy trying to fit it all in. Again, it was pretty chilly this night. We were waiting in line for the train when it started having engine problems. I was so afraid that we were going to have to break the news to the girls that we couldn't ride. A simple battery change and all was well!
We even made a stop by to see Santa. And...no one cried!!!! That's a first. Both of the girls kept saying that they wanted to see him, and of course started to shy away when the time came. I think it helped that Anderson was already in Santa's lap so they felt like they had to be the big girls then. Notice they weren't quite ready to sit in his lap, but they did stand next to him and tell him what they wanted for Christmas.
Harper's face is hysterical here. I've said before, she is my child who wants to assess the situation and take it all in before she is sure of it. That face says it all.
Anderson is just chilling.
No hugs, but we'll take high fives. As soon as we walked away Harper was getting upset. We finally realized that she was thoroughly confused where her presents were. All this time we've been telling her that she has to tell Santa what she wants for Christmas so he can give her a present. I guess we missed the minor detail that we have to wait for Christmas Day. Whoops! It was a quick recovery.
Sweet girls!
After being postponed due to the AU High School football game playing in the playoffs, its was finally time for the AU Christmas parade. Uncle Jeremy called the day of the parade and asked if the girls wanted to ride in the fire truck. It was very different watching the parade without them. At least we had Haisley, Presley, Lyndell, Benton, and of course Anderson to keep us company.
It was so cold this night. I didn't have a hat for little man so this was the best I could do.
Here they come!
Apparently Harper loved waving and saying Merry Christmas. Payton wasn't as much of a fan. I think she missed watching the parade. Other events this month included Christmas parties at school and December ballet demonstration for Payton. I wasn't able to make it to any of them so no pictures. :( Jonathan did video the ballet demonstration for me though!















No comments:
Post a Comment