At two years:
Weight: 25.8 lbs (around the 40th percentile)
Head: 19.1 inches (75th percentile....this is the first time we haven't been in the 90th percentile!!!!)
Height: Somehow I copied down the wrong height, but I do remember that she was somewhere around the 50th percentile, which would be about 33 inches.
At 26 months she: hates shoes, loves broccoli, loves giving hugs and kisses, picking flowers is a favorite hobby, thinks bubbles are the greatest thing ever, still terrorizes Mollie, pretty much knows all of her letters, is a daddy's girl, has a come apart when her castle (blocks) fall down, has started eating at the big table, is very opinionated, independent, and strong-willed, still snatches out a bow in .2 seconds, could be entertained with stickers for hours, and loves to dance.
I feel like her imagination has really developed lately. Last week while driving in the car, she was singing several different songs to us. She told us that she wanted to sing the cup holder. After telling her that we didn't know that song, she proceded to make one up. Something along the lines of "Oh cup holder, lalalala, cup holder." It was hysterical, and it only continued from there.
She is loving her naps right now. It is nothing for her to sleep 4 to 4.5 hours in the afternoons. She goes to bed anywhere between 8-8:30 and on a good day wakes up around 6. Some days she decides she wants to start her day bright and early at 5, while others you have to drag her out of bed to get dressed. She is still doing great sleeping in her big girl bed. We took the rail down a few weeks ago, and I think it only took one fall for her to realize not to roll that way. :)
And then there's potty training. Not fun! We started back in March...everything was going pretty much as good as possible. I guess at that point it wasn't new and fun anymore. She digressed some, but now I'm realizing that it may have been my fault. Consistency is key with Payton. She loves it. As much as I hate it sometimes, the child runs on such a tight schedule and routine. I have realized that she does better when pull ups are no where in sight for several days at a time. She has had two days accident free when we have done this (one of which being today). Of course, that's all easier said than done. I'm just trying to stick with it right now. I have contemplated several times stopping, waiting a month, and trying again, but I feel like we have gone too far for that.
She is getting very excited about the arrival of her baby sister. She loves to tell people how she is going to help take care of her, share her toys, etc. She loves to rub my belly and talk to her. She has also voted that her name should be Pacifier. Maybe we should consider it... Hopefully a baby post is coming soon.
If you're still reading, here are some pictures from her Easter egg hunt at school today. I was so thrilled to get to attend since it was during my planning time. It didn't take her long to learn that there were treats inside of each egg. From that point on, she had to stop and open each egg before moving on to another.
We also went to another egg hunt hosted by some teachers at my school this afternoon. They even had an Easter bunny and baby chicks! She had a blast at both. I think we're ready for the big Easter weekend now!







No comments:
Post a Comment