While trying to figure out what to do for spring break, Jonathan and I decided that instead of attempting to go to the beach and it just being cold, we could take a trip to the mountains instead. Jennifer, Doug, Ella, and Pawpaw all joined us and we had a great time. We headed up Saturday morning and stayed through Tuesday. As mentioned in a previous post, we are doing a little potty training. I knew that it was ignorant of me to start before we went on vacation, but against my better judgement, I did anyways. I was so proud (and horrified) when we stopped at McDonald's and Payton had her first public restroom experience. We played for a while at the play place, and headed on up the road. After being back on the road for 10 minutes, Payton told us she needed to go potty. The prepared mama in me was so happy that I had thought to borrow Nana's portable potty in case this happened. Picture us on the side of I75 just outside of Atlanta...all I could do was laugh hysterically. After letting her sit there for a few minutes, nothing happened. I told Jonathan just to load her up and keep going. As I was putting her pants back on, she insisted to tell me that she had to go potty. Thinking she was just fooling us and trying to stay out of her car seat, we put her back on the potty. Sure enough, she "unloaded" right there on the side of I 75. I can't imagine why she was distracted the first go around. We were parked right under a bridge with a choo choo going across, big trucks passing by, and rocks to play with on the ground. All I could do was laugh, and of course be proud of our big girl for letting us know that she had to potty!

The place had a playground within walking distance of our room. It was definitely a hit with the girls.


There was also an indoor swimming pool!! Payton has been eyeing Bamama and Grandaddy's swimming pool for months, but we have been reassuring her that when it got warm, we would go swimming. She was so excited to jump in she could hardly stand it. I laughed as I tried to take her picture sitting by the pool but she wouldn't take her eyes off of the water for a picture. She was fearless, just like last year. She even told me "Don't get me mommy, Payton do it." She did remember how to kick her legs and use her arms, but we have a ways to go before she can do it.


Monday we headed to the Ripley's aquarium and had a blast.





They had this really cool tunnel where the kids could crawl through the penguin tank. I think Payton could have stayed there all day.


We spent the rest of our time at the playground, playing putt putt, and watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.





We are now home for the remainder of spring break and hoping to get a few things accomplished, lots of playing outside, and maybe a few naps squeezed in.
No comments:
Post a Comment