Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Birthday Week

Jonathan and I both celebrated our birthdays last week. I have to say, I was a terrible wife in this department. After having a week off for Spring Break and getting back into the swing of things, I was so exhausted Tuesday night. Jonathan actually had told me that he would be working late, therefore I didn't plan anything. He ended up getting off at a decent time and I felt absolutely terrible. Payton and I tried to make up for it a little by making him cupcakes on Wednesday. Of course she was beyond excited. It was her first experience in the kitchen, and she couldn't get enough. I figure only one broken egg was pretty good for our first go. She loved helping, and was surprisingly a pretty good listener when I gave her directions.



Happy belated birthday to my wonderful husband. I appreciate so much all that he does for our family and what a terrific daddy that he is to our little girl.
Please excuse the terrible picture quality, I'm not sure what was up with my camera.

My birthday was Saturday, and I had been telling Jonathan that all I wanted to do was sleep as late as possible. He let me do just that. He and Payton even got out of the house early Saturday morning so I wouldn't hear them. Of course I was thrilled when they came home with Waffle House! It was so nice to get to wake up, turn on the t.v., and lay in bed for a bit. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, I found out that he had planned for a babysitter Saturday night and that we were going to Mikata. To be honest, I was horrified with how Payton (and me) would do with someone different. This was the first time that she had an official babysitter besides family. Any way about it, we all survived and Jonathan and I were able to enjoy a wonderful dinner together. It was so nice to get to enjoy our meals and have a conversation. I am embarrassed to say how long it's been since we've had a "date night." As you can tell, Jonathan far outdid me in the birthday department (as he usually does), but I am very thankful to have some down time.

1 comment:

The Price Family said...

is that a lasagna i see on the stove? Out of a box? no more!! i'll make u one and freeze it in whatever serving size you like!!