Saturday, March 5, 2011

Doughnuts with Daddy and Stickers

Payton came home from school last week with the cutest little necklace that had a decorated tie on it. It was an invitation for daddy to come to her school for a Doughnuts with Daddy breakfast. Of course, daddy made plans to attend. They even got to lounge around a little later on Thursday morning since it didn't start until 8:00. I think Payton enjoyed taking daddy to her school, showing him her classroom, and especially all of the baby dolls that she plays with. I think they both enjoyed a little quality time together.

Today was forecasted to be nasty and rainy, so I thought we might try a little potty training. Let's back up to yesterday...during nap time Payton apparently took her pants and diaper off in the crib. When mom went in there to get her, she said "Payton go potty in the bed." Last night within minutes of me changing her diaper, she had taken her pants and diaper off and was running around naked. Now back to Saturday morning. In no way am I willing to say that we are potty training. I just thought, if there's nothing else to do today, why not give it a try? By around 10:00, I was convinced I never even should have attempted this and we were going to get dressed and get out of the house. Five failed attempts, and we finally made it. She is napping now, but did has manage to do an excellent job since that point. She even went #2!!! Each time she went, I was giving her a sticker. When she finally went #2, I gave her the remaining sheet that had 2 or 3 stickers left. I turned around for a quick second, and the little monkey had completely decorated herself with stickers. She was so proud! We'll see where the potty training goes from here. Any wisdom and advice is completely welcome!

No comments: