Saturday, July 10, 2010

4th of July at the Lake

We spent the weekend of the 4th at the lake. We started Saturday morning with the annual golf cart parade at the park. Every year this serves to be my entertainment for the weekend. These individuals, who on an average day, appear to be very normal show a different side. I guess their inner redneck comes out the first few days in July, and they feel compelled to dress up in any tacky red, white, and blue they can find, as well as decorate their golf carts with anything and everything. It is quite comical. Luckily, Payton doesn't want to participate in the events just yet. I'm sure the day will come and we will be forced to dress up and enter in the parade. Of course I will gladly do it if it makes my little girl happy.

Who would have known that the Obamas were going to show up???


As a side note: please do not mistake my attitude for lack of enthusiasm and appreciation for our country. I am extremely proud to be an American, and very thankful for the men and women who risk their lives to ensure our freedom. I just find it humorous how we choose to celebrate here in Alabama.




As you can see, Payton enjoyed watching everyone and catching necklaces and a flag.
We enjoyed the day Saturday and the beautiful weather that we had all weekend long. We had a few visitors on Saturday to play and enjoy the fireworks that night. Payton didn't seem to mind the fireworks. She watched part of them in a back bend position sitting with Bamama as you can see from the picture.

This is the best picture I could get of the three cousins. They were way too busy playing (and climbing) to stop for a picture.

Sunday we got out on a the lake for a bit, and Payton went on her very first wave runner ride with daddy.





I apologize if you find this picture inappropriate. I think it's so stinking cute.

When we got back from out boat ride, Payton and Chase entertained themselves in ice water for at least an hour.
I will leave you with a few pictures from July 4, 2009...



No comments: