Birthday parties typically stress me out. Until this one! It was the greatest! We had Payton's 6th birthday party at the Art Center (I can't even remember the official name right now). We had it on Friday after school, showed up with some pizza, cupcakes and juice boxes, and these sweet girls painted their little hearts content! It was A-MAZING! We stuck to an all girls party for the first time, simply because I don't think many 6 year old boys are quite as interested in art as girls. If you remember, Payton had an art party for her 5th birthday, and the passion is still going strong!
Payton got to pick out the piece that we would paint. The teacher took us through in a Sips-n-Strokes kind of method where it was very easy to follow.
Anderson and Maggie bonded over Cheetohs and Doritos. It must be love.
We had some snacks while our art dried a little!
We sang "Happy Birthday" and blew out candles.
I'm so sad I didn't get a picture of everyone with the finished product, but that probably would have added a whole lot of stress to party. We had so much fun celebrating our big girl turning 6!



















No comments:
Post a Comment