Well, I don't know how to start this post other than to say November has been tough. Looking back, I feel like I always leave out the challenges of our lives on the blog. The bottom line is that the hard parts of life make us who we are, and to document it makes it easy to look back and see how God is working in our lives.
We lost my cousin Heather on November 13. It's been hard. Downright heartbreaking. I've learned you can't take one second for granted. I've also learned that you have no idea what others are going through. Another thing I've promised myself is for us to get in more pictures with the kids. Heather has probably 20 times the amount of pictures of she and Emm together than I do with my kids. I'm so thankful Emm has all of those pictures to cherish the rest of her life.
These pictures are from the weekend after everything happened when her sweet Emmerson got to spend the night with us. Again, I found myself thinking how Heather and I always talked about getting the girls together more. Why did it take this to have a sleepover?
The girls did enjoy their time together and got along so well!
We then moved on to Thanksgiving festivities. Payton's Thanksgiving lunch was up first. She had FIVE guests for her lunch...almost a school record. :)
The Thursday before Thanksgiving was Harper's lunch and they sang a few sweet little songs. She did very well. She sang, not incredibly loud, but she did sing.
The Wednesday before Thanksgiving Ashley, Haisley, and Benton came over to make turkey cookies. The boys didn't make the picture. They were too busy eating.
We spent Thanksgiving lunch at Bamama's house like normal.
The kids absolutely loved running all over her backyard. The girls collected big leaves and Anderson just ran until he got to the woods.
Great Bamama and Anderson have become quite the buddies.
We went to Nana and Pop's house for Thanksgiving dinner and the kids had a ball playing.
We even caught a little Black Friday shopping (well, I guess Black Thursday), but it wasn't crowded at all and we got some great deals! I'll be back soon with updates from our busy December.






















No comments:
Post a Comment