Sunday, September 29, 2013

Our three angels

These three babies mean the world to us. I speak for both Jonathan and myself in saying that we try not to let a day pass that we take them for granted. Their smiles, their health, the joy they bring us, and yes, even their fits and disobedience. I'm not a good writer, but since this blog is intended mainly for the purpose of capturing our lives as a memory book, I have had so much on my mind lately.
First, I will start by saying that our hearts ache for those families who long to have children. I pray for these couples that I know, and some that I've never met. I can't imagine the void they feel as they long for children, whether biologically or through adoption. Not only have we been blessed with three children, but three healthy children at that. I know that these angels belonged to HIM first. The day we brought Anderson home from the hospital was one of the most emotional days of my life for several reasons. First, just adding another member to our family is enough to make your heart skip a few beats as you bring them to their home where we will live and grow together. Watching the joy on his sisters' faces as we got him out of the car and carried him inside as they realize that he is indeed part of our family now melts a momma's heart. On top of that, we are also aware that he could very well (and most likely) be our last child. While I enjoyed and soaked in every moment with the girls, I knew that I would get to experience it again. The thought of closing this chapter of our lives, and beginning to raise our complete family is both nostalgic and exciting all at the same time. Last, the day we brought him home a dear family in our neighborhood was celebrating the life of their precious six year old that went to be with Jesus all too soon in our Earthly opinions. As we entered the neighborhood to the sight of pink ribbons hanging on each mailbox, neither Jonathan nor myself could speak a word to one another. Of course we ask the question why? Then I ask myself, why am I worthy of these children? Quite honestly, I'm not. We've just been granted the most precious gifts. All this to say, my prayer is that no matter how stressful, difficult, and challenging this stage of life is, I hope to soak in every. single. second. Tomorrow is not guaranteed for anyone. My mistakes as a mom far outweigh the things I do right, I just hope to seek God's grace on this journey. 

I hope our babies always know how much they are loved and cherished. I hope that somehow, at the end of this, we have raised children who love the Lord and make a positive impact in this crazy world. Raising children was never said to be easy. I wish I could pause time and soak it in longer, but I can't. Instead, I have to make the most of every minute of every day. While I have found myself super emotional with Anderson and as his newborn days tick away, I look forward  for what is to come also. We are blessed.

No comments: