Monday, April 15, 2013

Getaway!

You may remember that Jonathan surprised me with a trip to Mexico for Christmas. Over my spring break we left the kids for 5 nights to get away. We left Payton when she was 3 months old for 4 days or so to go to Vegas, but other than that we haven't been away from them for longer than a night and that was usually just to leave them at a grandmother's house at 8pm and pick them up at 10am. You get the point, this momma was anxious! I knew we needed some alone time, but goodness it was hard. I may or may not have cried when we left them at the airport. All I can say is thank goodness for technology and face time. We were able to talk to them several times a day. I'm not sure they missed us at all because they were having so much fun at Nana and Pop's house. Of course that was nice to know they were having a great time. In the meantime we enjoyed 75-85 degree weather while it was in the 40's in Auburn. The water was absolutely gorgeous...crystal clear and prettier than I've seen anywhere. Jonathan even spent some time laying in the sun with me and enjoying peaceful rest that we don't get very often. It was certainly strange to go to dinner and not feed a child first. We had a great time and enjoyed the relaxation and great conversations. I can't say that we did too much other than sleep, lay in the sun, eat, and shop. I don't think I anticipated just how much it would stink not being able to drink, especially when staying at an all inclusive. Jonathan enjoyed some delicious looking Mexican margaritas for me. Of course baby boy is completely worth it! We did go snorkeling one day which was a lot of fun. They took us out to two different reefs and it was really neat. I would be lying if I said that we weren't ready to get home to the girls, but I think Jonathan would agree that it was a wonderful and much needed vacation. I am so thankful for the extra time to spend together and so thankful for Nana and Pop to watch the girls so we didn't have to worry about them a minute. Maybe we'll get another vacation like that in 10 years.















No comments: