Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Daddy Daughter Date Night

For Christmas, Payton gave Jonathan tickets to their first Daddy Daughter Date Night.  The anticipation has been building ever since. Although she wasn't really sure what to expect with the actual event, she did know that she was going to dress in a pretty dress and have Daddy all to herself for the night. That was really all of the details she needed. The night finally came and she was ecstatic to say the least. She got all dressed up and even posed for some pictures without much resistance.

Harper had to get in on the shoot also.

Sweet sisters.


Silly faces.


A perfect twirl dress.

She was very excited to receive a flower from Daddy. It didn't stay together too long, but it was fun while it lasted.

While getting dressed, she reminded Daddy that she was supposed to dress pretty, and he was supposed to dress fancy since he was a boy. 

A Daddy's girl for sure.



We sent them off for a night of fun. She told me that she wished me and Harper could see her, so we asked Daddy to take a few pictures throughout the night for us. Jonathan gave Payton the choice of where to eat for dinner. Although she originally thought that Old McDonald's (McDonald's) or Burger King would be the best choice, I think they finally came to an agreement on pizza at Brick Oven.

Apparently she was the winner of a fancy princess tiara, which of course she loved!!!

The last picture I got from the evening was a stop at Payton's favorite spot, Yogurt Mountain. I would say that's a great way to wrap up a fun night.
The best for last...this was a video he took with his phone at the dance. I just laughed hysterically when I watched it. I love how she is completely oblivious to anyone around her and danced like she would in our living room. Sweet memories were made for sure!
Harper and I enjoyed dinner with Bamama and Grandaddy, and I think it's fair to say that Harper enjoyed some individual attention as well. Definitely a reminder how important it is to spend time with each child indvidually. I know that will certainly get more challenging in a few months.

No comments: