The things that come out of Payton’s mouth never cease to
amaze us. Whether it is funny, thoughtful, rude, or whatnot, she keeps it
interesting. I want to remember a few things that she has said lately.
While getting ready for church she walked into the bathroom.
“Mommy, may I please wear my cross necklace to church to
remind us that Jesus died on the cross?”
The past few months she has been very interested in how
everyone is related and relationships. She wants to understand who everyone’s
mommy and daddy are and so on. Last week she was inquiring about the fact that
when I was younger I lived with Bamama and Grandaddy. She wanted to know if I
ever got to go upstairs (what is like her playroom), etc. While getting ready
for bed she tells me, “Mommy, when I get REALLY big and I have a husband (Mommy
gasps) will I still get to live with you and daddy?” She all of a sudden burst
into tears and told us that she didn’t want to ever move away from us. As I
cried with her, I told her she could stay forever. :)
The following is just to document our girl at this stage,
almost 4. Feel free to stop reading!
She is full of life and
energy. While she can be shy at times, she can be wide open at others. She is a
smart girl who wants to understand everything that goes on around her. She can
pretty much independently write all of her letters. She loves for you to spell
to her to she can write something. She is having trouble right now with verb
tenses, “I losed my baby.” To say that she is enjoying the Christmas season would
be an understatement. Each morning she is ready to find Jingles and take her
number off the advent calendar. She loves seeing the decorations and all but
squeals when she spots some going down the road. She loves to talk about baby
Jesus and the reason we celebrate Christmas. She does however have some
confusion over “baby Jesus” and “grown up Jesus.” She hasn’t quite grasped that
concept yet. We have to listen to Christmas music each time we get in the car.
Our sweet girl still has that great belly laugh that can brighten any room that
she is in. She remains a daddy’s girl…I have lost hope at this point. It’s
amazing to me just how “big girl” she is these days. She loves going to school
and has the most precious teachers this year. I wouldn’t be giving you a full
picture of our precious angel if I didn’t say that she can be a little sassy
(maybe a lot at times) and chooses not to obey at times. What child is perfect
all the time, right? We love our baby girl to pieces and can’t believe that she
is growing up so fast. FOUR is right around the corner. AGH!






No comments:
Post a Comment