I feel like she has grown up so much lately in what she likes to play and do. She got some new puzzles for Christmas and she is obsessed. I must also brag and say that she's pretty good at them too. She enjoys coloring and is doing much better actually coloring inside the lines rather than scribbling all over a page. At times, she will even sit for 30 minutes and color quietly. Dress up is a favorite hobby. She still loves playing with her baby dolls, but not near as much as she did at this time last year.
She goes to school three days a week and loves it. Over Christmas break she kept reminding us that her school was closed and it would be a while until she could go back. She knows all of her letters, pretty much all of her letter sounds (depending on the day and her mood) and how to spell her name. We have been working on writing her name but aren't quite there yet. She loves to sing! I only wish that I could get more on camera, but usually we get caught and she stops singing. We have a children's Bible CD in the car that she absolutely loves. There's not much in the world more precious than driving down the road hearing her belch out "This is the Day that the Lord Has Made!" There are times that she talks NON STOP in the car. It's usually when she wants answers to something and the answers that we give her just don't satisfy her. Jonathan told me I was terrible the other day because after trying to answer her questions and failing to do so for 10 minutes straight, I kindly suggested that we listen to music.
We would like to think that her eating habits are possibly looking up! She still loves fruit (specifically apples, grapes, bananas, any type of berries), carrots, chicken, peanut butter sandwiches, yogurt, cheese, milk, raisins, etc. Just tonight Jonathan was able to get her to eat a bowl of spaghetti! I know that seems small, but it's a huge accomplishment around here! Her other new food that has thrown us for a loop is salad! Who would have thought?

Her daily schedule hasn't changed much. On a "normal" night she is in bed by about 8-8:30. She is still an early riser and is typically up around 6, although she has slept in more lately. When she comes out of her room in the mornings we normally crack up watching her try to carry every lovey, baby doll, and stuffed animal that was in her bed. Her morning treat is a cup or orange juice and she is good to go! She still takes an afternoon nap but it is sometimes shorter than it used to be. Today she slept 4 hours, but sometimes it's as short as 2 hours. She has been completely potty trained for about 6 months now and it is so nice! I'm not saying that she hasn't had accidents in those 6 months, but they are becoming less frequent and we haven't seen a pull up (even at night) during the last 6 months. I thought that stage would never end. I never understood the "Terrifying Threes" as everyone calls them...until now. It is very different than the fits she would throw when she was two (not saying we don't ever see those). The attitude and sassiness has seemed to emerge. However, she does have a very kind heart and seems to understand when she has hurt someone and offers up an apology. She continues to be a fabulous big sister...better than we ever could have hoped. Of course I spend/spent many months praying that she would adjust to having a baby in the house. She has welcomed Harper with open arms since day one. I am a little worried now that Harper is able to crawl and get things that we will struggle with sharing, but she honestly loves and adores her sister (as Harper is towards her also).
Jonathan took this video the other day in the car. Please pretend like she is securely strapped into her car seat. I promise we strap her in!
I feel like I've left out so many details of our precious girl at this age. She is full of enthusiasm and makes life so fun (and stressful at times)! Bottom line, she makes life so much better and we consider ourselves blessed to be her mommy and daddy!







No comments:
Post a Comment