



As you can tell, we are already so in love with our little girl.




There are just a few others who love her too..












No one can deny that Harper had a fan club waiting on her...even if she did arrive at 2 a.m.


After going to my doctor's appointment last Wednesday, we had a feeling she would be here sooner than later. After being stuck at 1 cm for the previous 3 weeks, we got the great news that I was 2.5 cm and 70% effaced. Dr. Alverson set up to induce me on July 5 if she didn't come sooner. He said then that he wouldn't be surprised if I went on my own before then. After leaving the appointment Wednesday, I made a mad dash home to finish up some last minute cleaning and preparations just in case she decided to make her debut early. I had a few contractions Wednesday night but nothing major. Pretty much all day Thursday and Friday I had contractions on and off. I got very little sleep Thursday night due to consistent contractions from 2-6. Sure enough, they stopped as soon as I got up. At this point, I was pretty much annoyed with the on again off again business and was ready to either have a baby, or just wait until Tuesday to take care of business. I went walking Friday morning for an hour with not a single contraction. When I got home I took a shower, went to lunch, and they were slowly starting again. I decided to indulge in an afternoon nap while Payton was napping, pretty much for lack of anything better to do. I woke up from my nap having contractions anywhere from 7-10 minutes apart. We headed to dinner at Nana and Pop's house simply because I didn't want to sit at home. It wasn't long before they were getting stronger and closer. We decided to head home, get Payton to bed, and head to the hospital. Aunt Ashley and Uncle Mark came to the rescue and stayed with Payton. I sat in observation for a while with my contractions about 4 minutes apart but not really making any progress. Dr. H gave me the option of staying or going home. After 3 days of contractions, going home wasn't really what I had in mind. We decided to stay and get things rolling. We got into a room a little after 10 and my water broke on its own. I had some pretty strong contractions before getting my epidural, but it went by pretty quickly. Jonathan ran downstairs about 1:30 to get a snack. In the meantime, Dr. H came in and we got the shocking news that she was about ready to meet us. I called Jonathan and suggested that he come back rather quickly. I pushed for about four contractions, and she was here! Even the dr. was shocked that I progressed so quickly. I never had to have any pitocin or anything to push things along! I must say, my labor was rather uneventful and simple, just the way I like. She was almost exactly the same size as Payton when she was born. Harper weighed 1 ounce more and was 1/4 of an inch longer. Harper doesn't have quite as much hair, and it is definitely lighter than Payton's. We are so blessed to have our healthy baby girl here with us now! Stay tuned for updates of meeting big sister!







1 comment:
Being a part of the births of both Harper and Payton have definitely been among the major highlights of my life. Thank you for alowing me the experience.
Post a Comment