Monday, December 21, 2009

10 months

It's so hard to believe that our baby is 10 months old today! I think back to this time last year and remember how anxious and excited I was for February to come. This Christmas will definitely be much different than any other. Although Payton doesn't know the difference, we are thrilled to celebrate Christmas as a family of three. I love this age because I feel like she is learning something new everyday. In the past few weeks she has started saying hey, uh-oh, and using bye-bye, mama, and dada much more in context. She has learned to blow kisses and babbles all the time. She is still working on taking several steps at a time and is ticklish as ever. She has started eating a little bit of "real" food, but I'm not rushing it. Call me a terrible mother, but baby food is just so convenient! She does eat oatmeal a lot for breakfast and has had simple foods like mashed potatoes, green beans, mac and cheese, etc. She has been going through a stage (or what I'm hoping is just a stage) where she wants to wake up in the middle of the night and be held. I have been so spoiled for so long, and this surprise is hopefully going to end soon. People keep telling me it's probably just a growth spurt or teething, but I am sure ready for it to be over.

We hope that everyone has a Merry Christmas and is able to enjoy the true blessing of family and the birth of Jesus!

No comments: